If you are lucky enough to be in Myrtle Beach during the holidays, you will not come across a shortage of fun, festive events for your family to enjoy. Get in the Christmas spirit with one of the area’s local events – from cheerful parades and bustling festivals to lively holiday shows and spectacular light displays, you are sure to find the perfect event no matter what time of the month you are in town. Check out all of the exciting Grand Strand happenings for the holidays and make the most of your winter beach vacation!
Festival of Trees | Ripley’s Aquarium | November 6th – December 31st
Celebrate Christmas under the sea at the Ripley’s Aquarium. Drop by this nautical venue, located at Broadway at The Beach, to see over 50 trees that are ornately decorated to and scattered throughout the facility. There will be one tree to represent each state along with several traditional holiday themed trees. In addition to an array of festive foliage, the aquarium will also be covered from top to bottom in extravagant decorations that you won’t want to miss! Call (800) 734-8888 for more information.
Holidays on the Boardwalk | Myrtle Beach Boardwalk | November 28th – January 2nd
The famous Myrtle Beach Boardwalk will come to life this holiday season with festive decorations and lively events all month long! The fun will include a fun, family-friendly tree lighting ceremony and other weekly events like visits with Santa, live holiday entertainment, family games and activities, and much more. Be sure to check out the Boardwalk Facebook Page for more specific event information.
Night of a Thousand Candles – December 5th – 21st
Brookgreen Gardens, located just south of Myrtle Beach in the seaside town of Murrells Inlet, comes to life each year at the Night of a Thousand Candles event. The popular outdoor venue comes to life with thousands of professionally placed Christmas lights and over 5,500 hand-lit candles that provide a soft glow to the paths and statues. Enjoy a cup of hot cider and you peruse the gardens and delight in the sound of carolers as they gleefully belt out Christmas tunes. Inlet Affair catering will also be providing dinner plates for purchase meaning you won’t have to leave the gardens when you work up an appetite. Dates for this event include December 3rd – 5th, 10th – 12th, & 17th – 19th. Call (843) 235-6000 for more information.
12th Annual Christmas Towne | Myrtle Beach Convention Center | December 13th
The biggest Christmas celebration of the season kicks off Sunday, December 13th at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. A favorite among locals and visitors alike, the Christmas Towne includes tons of family events like face painting and crafts, amusement styles rides and inflatables, complimentary photos with Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and the official tree lighting ceremony for the city of Myrtle Beach. Parking is provided free of charge, call (843) 916-7276 for more information.
Breakfast With Santa Events | Various
Get up close and personal with the big man himself at one of these exciting breakfast events! You will have the chance to get in a quick picture and even submit a few last minute requests. Breakfast with Santa events include:
· Market Common, December 5th, 12th, & 19th: Santa will make appearances three times throughout the month of December at several popular Market Common locations. Dates and locations include: December 5th at Tupelo Honey Café, December 12th at Travina Italian Kitchen, and December 19th at Gordon Biersch. The event is $10 / person and includes breakfast and a beverage. Please call the venue of choice for information and reservations.
· Hard Rock Café, December 6th, 13th, & 20th: Bring the family over to Hard Rock Café to enjoy a decadent breakfast buffet, festive family activities, live entertainment, and photo opportunities with Santa. The price is only $9.95 / person; call (843) 946-0007 for more information.
· Waccamaw Bowling, December 5th: Enjoy a morning full of family fun at Waccamaw Bowling. The event is $5 per child and includes a hot breakfast, Christmas crafts, bowling, and pictures with Santa. The event begins at 9am. Call (843) 915-7888 for more information.
· North Myrtle Beach (J. Bryan Floyd Community Center), December 12th: Get crafty this holiday season at the North Myrtle Beach Community Center. The breakfast with Santa event will include arts and crafts, holiday games and activities, breakfast, goodie bags, and pictures with Santa. The cost is only $5; call (843) 249-4157 for more information.
· Surfside Beach (The Golden Egg), December 19th: Santa is making one last stop in Surfside Beach before Christmas! This event includes a decadent breakfast and one on one meet and greets with Santa and the Claus family. Call (843) 650-9548 for more information or reservations.
Myrtle Beach Area Tree Lighting Events | Various
Take part in a holiday event that is a tradition to many – the annual lighting of the Christmas tree. There are several spots in Myrtle Beach where you can enjoy this spectacular sight:
· Barefoot Landing, November 21st, North Myrtle Beach: Live music, fireworks, and special appearances from Santa; ceremony begins at 6pm.
· Surfside Beach, December 3rd, Town Hall: Live music and light refreshments will be provided for al guests; free event begins at 7pm.
· North Myrtle Beach, December 4th, McLean Park: Family friendly activities and refreshments available free of charge; event begins at 6pm.
· Broadway at the Beach, December 5th, Myrtle Beach: Free event includes holiday entertainment, family activities, fireworks, and visits with Santa; ceremony kicks off at 6pm.
Myrtle Beach Area Christmas Parades – Several
Myrtle Beach offers several area parades throughout the holiday season – be sure to check our full Holiday Parade Schedule blog.
Myrtle Beach Holiday Shows & Live Entertainment
The Myrtle Beach area offers a plethora of lively holiday shows – check our out full list of Myrtle Beach Holiday Shows for more information.
What Myrtle Beach Holiday event do you look forward to every year? Let us know!