Things To Do In Myrtle Beach
You might be so busy enjoying all the activities at our resorts that you never want to leave the grounds, but you may just want to get out and experience even more of what makes Myrtle Beach such a popular vacation destination. You will find something to do for every taste and every member of the family, including amusement and water parks, over 100 golf courses, mini golf, fishing, family shows, night clubs, shopping, and restaurants to suit any taste and budget. Please click on any of the links in the following list for more information about that particular attraction.
Amusement Parks and Water Parks
"Become a mermaid today!" Myrtle Beach Mermaids is making dreams come true every day! Enjoy an experience like no other on the Grand Strand. Slide into a mermaid tail and hang out with our live mermaids this summer for some fun and memories.
Here's what we have to offer at Myrtle Beach Mermaids:
Mermaid Meet and Greets
Mermaid Birthday Parties
Mermaid and Me Greenscreen Photography
For more information go to MyrtleBeachMermaids.com or call toll-free 888-660-0333 today!
Dive into a day of nautical fun at the Ripley’s Aquarium. Conveniently located at Broadway at The Beach, this wildly popular attraction let’s visitors get up close and personal with friendly sharks, exotic fish, and a variety of other underwater species.
Guests can look forward to visiting the following aquarium attractions:
• Rainbow Rock – An Indo-Pacific coral reef. Enjoy some of the world’s most colorful and recognizable species like clowfish, regal blue tang, and emperor angelfish.
• Dangerous Reef – A 340 foot long glidepath that winds through an acrylic tunnel. Come face to face with sea turtles, giant stingrays, and sharks!
• Ray Bay – Stingrays steal the spotlight at this attraction. Watch these majestic animals glide through the water and see staff divers hand feed them throughout the day. You even have a chance to pet these docile creatures.
• So much more!
The Ripley’s Aquarium also features a marine education center, the Feeding Frenzy restaurant, and the Cargo Hold gift shop. Special events are held throughout the year so you always have something to look forward to. This attraction holds fun for everyone!
Call 800-734-8888 for more information.
Take a break from the beach and come cool off at Wild Water & Wheels Water Park. Located just a stone’s throw away in Surfside Beach, this family friendly water park is much more than just a few pools and slides. Variety is the spice of life and this water park offers something for everyone!
“Wet ‘n wild” fun is at the heart of this park and there is certainly no shortage of places to cool off. The adventurous can explore any of the 24 slides on-site while the beach bums can check out the lazy river, complete with plenty of tubes available for no additional fee. Children love Wally’s Lagoon, a large child play area, in addition to the giant wave pool.
If you want to dry off for a bit, refuel at the snack bar and lay out for a bit on the sun deck. For a little action, check out the go-cart track or try your luck in bumper boats. There are also tons of kiddie rides for the little ones in addition to a full putt-putt course. There really is something for everyone here!
Check out a full list of park attractions:
• Wave Pool
• 24 Slides
• Lazy River
• Wally’s Lagoon
• Mini Golf
• Bumper Boats
• Snack Bar
• Gift Shop
• Picnic Area
• Lockers / Showers
• Kiddie Rides
• & More!
In addition to all of the fun that the park already offers, they make the experience over the top with events throughout the summer. Fridays they host “Live After Five” with a variety of local bands that provide live music and entertainment from 5pm-9pm. They also host themed days with special prices, like Scout Day.
Wild Water & Wheels is open May – September and several pricing packages are available. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.wild-water.com/.
The Pavilion Nostalgia Park located at Broadway at the Beach is home to a number of the old time classic amusement rides that were once part of the former seaside Pavilion Amusement Park. Offering guests a blast into the past with favorites like the Herschell-Spillman carousal that dates all the way back to 1912, or the Crazy Caterpillar, Motorcycle Madness, Tea Cups, Swings, Boat Ride and more. These classic rides are sure to bring back great memories and create new ones for years to come.
Admission to the park is free, but if you wish to take a trip back in time on one of these rides you’ll need to purchase a ticket. Each ride at the park requires only one ticket and tickets are priced at $3.50 a piece.
For more information about rides and hours of operation, visit www.broadwayatthebeach.com or call (843) 913-9400.
If you’re looking for a great way to spend the evening with family and friends, then swing by TicketReturn.com field to catch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans play ball. This minor league baseball team is an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs and has been providing locals and visitors alike with great, family-fun entertainment for years.
Located nearby at Broadway at the Beach, these action-packed games are full of special events like the pre-game meet and greet with the team and a post-game event that allows kids 12 years old and younger to run the bases. The Pelicans also offer great weekly promotions during their home games like:
• Backpack Buddy Monday – Guests who bring an approved donation for Backback Buddies will receive a discount on ticket prices
• $2sday Brewsday – Enjoy $2 craft beer drafts from 6pm – 8pm
• $1 wiener Wednesday – Feast upon $1 Hebrew National hotdogs all game long!
• Thirsty Thursday – Enjoy $1 bud light and Budweiser drafts from 6pm – 8pm
Ball fans can also purchase “all you can eat seats” which gives everyone access to an endless buffet of freshly grilled burgers and hot dogs, French fries, chips, nachos, popcorn, sodas, and more!
Ticket prices for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans range from $8 - $12. To purchace your tickets, or for additional information regarding pricing, player stats, and a complete 2014 game schedule, visit www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com or call (877) 918-6000 today.
With over 20 acres of slides, pools, rivers, waves and more, Myrtle Waves is South Carolina’s largest water park. Located just minutes from the beach at Broadway at the Beach, this water wonderland attraction provides hours of thrills and spills for the whole family. Enjoy an afternoon relaxing in the shade of your own private cabana or watch the little ones splash and play in the shallow waters of Bubble Bay. If it’s super slides and whirling waters your looking for, Myrtle Waves has you covered with tubes, tunnels, and ten-story high slides.
If you need time to unwind, dry off and refuel, Myrtle Waves also has a number of onsite food vendors, shaded rest areas, and a gift shop.
Check out some of the great features Myrtle Waves has to offer:
• Ocean in Motion Wave Pool
• Bubble Bay
• Saturation Station
• Turbo Twisters
• Riptide Rockets
• Snake Mountain
• Arooba Tooba
• Night Flight
• Super Chute
• Layzee River
• Racin’ River
• Island Café
• Pizza and More
• Sharkie’s Snack Shack
• ICEE Mix It Up
• Boardwalk Sweets & Treats
• Saturation Snack Station
• Tropical Trading Post
• Group Pavilion
• Birthday Party Room
• First Aid Services
Myrtle Waves Water Park is open from May-September and offers a number of promotional admission specials throughout the year. For more information about hours of operation, pricing or to book a group trip, visit Myrtle Waves online at www.myrtlewaves.com or call them at (843) 913-9260 today!
For the ultimate movie experience, check out the BigD 3D Theater at Broadway at the Beach. Located in the Broadway 17 Carmike Cinema, the BigD offers moviegoers spectacular features like:
• A 82-foot wide screen over 3 stories tall
• Luxury leather custom seats
• Top of the line 7.1 surround sound
• DIGITAL projection
• Crystal clear 2D and 3D feature films
Sit back and relax while watching the latest blockbuster hits in this state-of-the-art theater. The BigD Theater is the largest movie screen display in South Carolina and it is only an extra $2 a ticket to place yourself right in the middle of all the action with one of the theater’s 3D showings. For more information including show times and location, visit www.carmike.com or call the box office at (843) 445-1600 today!
A preserved lowcountry rice plantation dwelling of the early eighteenth century
Myrtle Beach’s only seaside amusement park, Family Kingdom should be high on any list of things to do in Myrtle Beach.
• Oceanfront view - Literally right on the beach, Family Kingdom has thrill rides, family rides, kiddie rides, go karts, and even a water park! An all day unlimited ride wristband for the amusement park is $26, and the water park’s wristband is $21. Family Kingdom offers a very affordable deal for both however – only $36!
• Amusement Park - With more than 30 thrilling rides in Family Kingdom’s amusement park, it makes for an incredible experience. The park offers rides for both adults and children, so no one is left out. Family Kingdom even added a new ride – the Twist ‘n Shout Coaster. There are classic wooden coasters, tit-a-whirls, the ever popular Hurricane, and bumper cars. There’s even go karts at Family Kingdom, and there are 2 speed tracks to choose from!
• Splashes Water Park - Recently renamed, Family Kingdom’s only oceanfront water park Splashes has wet and wild water flumes, exhilarating speed slides, and even a spacious lazy river complete with waterfalls. The flumes will be sure to entertain children and adults alike that offer thrilling 100-feet drops. The speed slides have thrilling slopes that will exhilarate you, and for those not up to the challenge there are intermediate speed slides that aren’t quite as thrilling. Family Kingdom also owns the state’s largest Ferris wheel, and the view it offers while on it is one-of-a-kind.
Is there anything Family Kingdom doesn’t offer? For more information, call 843-626-3447 or check out their website, and check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Get hands on at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina. This interactive museum allows children to touch, explore, and play while learning about the world around them. With a number of fun and educational exhibits like the Weather Center and Continuous News Desk where kids get a chance to forecast the weather in from of a green screen, or sit behind a news desk and report the headlines, the Children’s Museum makes learning fun for everyone.
Here’s a list of all the great exhibits that can be found at the Children’s Museum:
- Under Construction House
- Imagination Playground
- The Big Bank
- USS Kids-a-Float Hijacked by Pirates
- Bubble Mania
- South Carolina Fossil Hunt
- It’s Electric
- Kidz Medical Center
- Express Yourself Art Center
- Famous Fraction Pizza Delivery Truck
- Flora’s Farmers market
- Get Ready, Get Set, Grow
- Gem Mining
- Habitat Habit
- Weather Center & Continuous News Desk
- Hurricane Simulator
- Put It Into Words
- Totally Tubular
- Recycling Center
For more information on special weekly events, location and pricing, visit the Children’s Museum online at www.cmsckids.org, or call them at (843) 946-9469.
Walk the decks of this World War II battleship, located near Wilmington, N.C.